The opportunity to try a device in the environment where it will be used empowers individuals to make an independent decision about what device will fit them best before making a financial commitment. Borrow a device to see what suits your needs or as a short term accommodation if your device is being repaired or while you are waiting for the arrival of a purchased device.
Highlights of the program:
- We ship devices to you anywhere in Washington State. Software products are pre-installed and shipped on laptops.
- Borrow period is 21 days with an option for short extensions.
- There is a nominal fee for borrowing based on value and cost of maintenance.
- We include a UPS return shipping label and instructions for returning the package.
- We include a packing slip with borrowing policies and a list of devices and accessories included in the shipment.
Partners around the state:
- Aids for Better Living is a program supported by a collaboration between WATAP and Timberland Regional Library System that enables library patrons to checkout and trial devices from a small collection intended to get people thinking about how AT can foster independence in everyday life.
- WATAP supports K-12 students statewide through a partnership with the Special Education Technology Center (SETC) to provide short-term loans of assistive technology to professionals in the school districts.