The opportunity to try a device in the environment where it will be used empowers individuals to make an independent decision about what device will fit them best before making a financial commitment. Borrow a device to see what suits your needs or as a short term accommodation if your device is being repaired or while you are waiting for the arrival of a purchased device.
Highlights of the program:
- We ship devices to you anywhere in Washington State. Software products are pre-installed and shipped on laptops.
- Borrow period is 21 days with an option for short extensions.
- There is a nominal fee for borrowing based on value and cost of maintenance.
- We include a UPS return shipping label and instructions for returning the package.
- We include a packing slip with borrowing policies and a list of devices and accessories included in the shipment.
Partners around the state:
- Aids for Better Living is a program supported by a collaboration between WATAP and Timberland Regional Library System that enables library patrons to checkout and trial devices from a small collection intended to get people thinking about how AT can foster independence in everyday life.
- WATAP also launched an Aids for Better Living Program with the San Juan Island Library. To access the items available in their collection, search the catalog for "assistive technology" or "Aids for Better Living."
- WATAP supports K-12 students statewide through a partnership with the Special Education Technology Center (SETC) to provide short-term loans of assistive technology to professionals in the school districts.