There is a nominal fee based on the value and maintenance of the product. In situations where paying the fees would result in economic hardship, WATAP may waive the fees on a case-by-case basis. We accept POs, check, money orders, and Visa/MasterCard payments.
- The maximum length of the device borrow is 21 days not including transit time for the device.
- A borrow extension can be requested in writing, by phone or email ten (10) days prior to the expiration of the original borrow period. The borrower will be notified within five (5) days if the request is granted. An extension can be requested for a maximum of two (2) weeks. Extensions cannot be granted for devices with a wait list.
- A late fee of $25 per week will be charged. The late fee will begin to accrue on the first day the device was due back. An invoice will be sent with total late charges when the device is returned.
- Law enforcement will be contacted and the device will be reported stolen if a device is not returned within three (3) weeks of the ship by date.
- Loans are made on a first come, first serve basis and filled in the order received.
- Requests for equipment borrowing may be made by a person with a disability, family members, advocates or service providers (e.g. therapist, teacher, rehabilitation counselor).
- Some devices available for borrow may require specialized support for their use, therefore, the person requesting the device will be asked to identify who recommended the device and who will provide support during a borrow period. Support persons may include centers for independent living staff, vocational rehabilitation counselors, teachers, OTs, PTs, Speech Therapist, etc. The support person may be required to sign the borrow request form.
- The borrower and/or their representative must comply with any limitations that may be part of the loan, such as no copying of software.
- The borrower and/or their representative may be held financially responsible for any damage due to negligence; replacement cost of lost devices; or replacement cost of stolen devices. Damage, lose, or theft should be immediately reported to WATAP and if applicable to law enforcement and a copy of the report is provided to WATAP.
- A maximum of three (3) devices or one (1) high tech AAC device may be requested at a time.
- WATAP will provided a pre-paid return shipping label with every loaned device.
- Anyone who has failed to comply with these policies during previous borrowing will NOT be considered for additional borrowing until a positive plan for future compliance is presented to and approved by WATAP.
- To initiate the process online, browse our device lending library by category, subcategory, or searching for a specific device.
- Alternately, you may contact WATAP by calling 1-800-214-8731 or 1-866-866-0162. WATAP can provide telephone assistance upon request.
- If you filled out an online request, we will contact you to follow up regarding availability and payment arrangements. If you have any questions, please contact WATAP at 1-800-214-8731 or 1-866-866-0162 (TTY).
- Accepted forms of payment are POs, check, money orders, and Visa/MasterCard.
- If a device is not immediately available, the person making the request will be placed on a waiting list.
- Upon receipt of required loan fees, WATAP will ship the device and send a shipping confirmation email. Allow 3-4 days shipping time to receive the device.
- The device needs to be shipped on (or before) the indicated return date, using the pre-paid return shipping label which is included in the shipment.
- WATAP staff will check each returned device to assure it is working properly and that all necessary parts are included.